The VP is responsible for planning, prioritizing, implementing and maintaining the Environmental, Safety, Quality and Training goals and initiatives by appropriate risk management and financial methodologies that support Peak’s strategic goals.
The VP takes a leadership role in reducing risk through compliance with federal, state and local laws and industry regulations (such as OSHA, EPA, NEFPA, PHMSA, NESC etc.) which is vital to the continued success and profitability of the Subsidiaries.
The VP will advise SQT Managers on legal implications of mandatory issues related to SQT compliance.
Responsible for the smooth and cost-effective operation of the subsidiaries SQT departments and provide consultation to Peak and Subsidiary leadership on consistent policies, procedures and best practices, training, budget, SQT metrics and overall SQT compliance.
Takes a leadership role in supporting Peak’s culture that enables all employees to perform in accordance with our objectives and core values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages the filing of SQT legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations related to Safety, Quality and Training (SQT).
• Provides Strategic leadership planning, prioritization and implementation of SQT goals and initiatives by appropriate risk management and financial methodologies for the Platform and its subsidiaries.
• Provides general guidance to all SQT management and related activities, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization by implementing consistent policies, procedures and practices.
• Integrates consistent policies, procedures and practices into existing and future subsidiaries, where applicable, within a prescribed timeline.
• Monitors and evaluates subsidiaries safety performance relevancy to the required compliance regarding the community, client base, operational support entities and its efficiency and effectiveness.
• Keeps the CEO informed on the condition of the subsidiaries and on all the important factors influencing the safety compliance and health of the organization as a whole.
• Works with the Operating Companies to identify opportunities for improvement and partners with them to effect change.
• Informs the CEO and executive team about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making.
• Manages program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of new standards and controls, systems and procedures, and performs regular evaluation.
• Partners with the Operating Companies to identify SQT goals, objectives and metrics consistent with long-term strategic goals. Maintains relationships with local, state and federal regulatory entities to ensure compliance.
• Provides guidance for Operating Companies regarding incident response and planning and the overall investigation requirements of safety, security and quality breaches.
• Assist with legal matters as necessary.
• Representing Peak in a professional manner for civic and industry associations at all levels.
• Assists in the due diligence process on future acquisition opportunities.
• Leads the integration efforts for future acquisitions as it relates to Environmental, Health, Safety and Training.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to motivate people around a common set of values and goals.
• Ability to assess SQT performance throughout the Platform and make recommendations for improvement when needed.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain professional SQT communications and compliance at all levels.
• Ability to relate and communicate with anyone from entry level personnel to corporate professionals.
• Assist with due diligence and integration efforts on acquisitions.
• SQT training program design and implementation and maintenance.
• Performance management oversight.
• Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to establish departmental budgets and track adherence.
• Ability to define and implement SQT statistic and metric reporting.
• Demonstrated ability of implementing consistent policies and procedures across several operating entities or divisions.
• Active participant in industry associations. Travel is a requirement at about 10 to 25%.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and completion of ongoing Masters Education is preferred.
• It is preferred that candidates have professional certification(s) such as CSP, CUSP, CHMM, etc.
• Ten or more years of construction industry related experience in an executive level role.
• SQT plan design, analysis and implementation experience.
• Experience with implementing or monitoring all legal compliance programs and reporting.
• Experience working with a high performing team establishing a strategic plan and the execution of action items.
• Guide the development and implementation of consistent policies and procedures across multiple operating entities.
• Demonstrated teamwork working with and leading other professionals toward a common vision.
• Adherence to and promotion of a common set of values.